Merry Christmas, Baby CD
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. THE ITEM WILL SHIP BEFORE THE 11/05/21 STREET DATE. PLEASE NOTE BY PRE-ORDERING THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT NOW. WHEN ORDERING PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 11/05/21 ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER. IF YOU WANT TO ORDER OTHER ITEMS PLEASE ORDER ON ANOTHER ORDER SO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT DELAYED. Please Note: The industry is experiencing longer turnaround times than usual. Expected shipping dates are based on encountering no unexpected delays due to manufacturing issues or shipping back-ups and are subject to change.
There is some debate as to whether this 1956 release from Hollywood Records was the first LP to compile Christmas music singles. But there is no debate that it's one of the best. Subtitled 'Intimate Christmas Music for Young Lovers,' its headliners were the original versions of two of the biggest R&B holiday hits of all time, Charles Brown's 'Merry Christmas, Baby' and Lowell Fulson's 'Lonesome Christmas (Parts 1 & 2),' but with other standouts like Mabel Scott's 'Boogie Woogie Santa Claus' (also a chartmaker), Jimmy Witherspoon's 'Christmas Blues' (formerly entitled 'How I Hate to See Xmas Come Around'), and a quartet of tunes from Johnny Moore's Blazers, there is not a weak track on the album. Bill Dahl's detailed notes and artist photos round out this first-ever CD reissue. And with a new remastering by Mike Milchner at Sonic Vision, never have the Christmas blues sounded so good!
1. Merry Christmas, Baby--Charles Brown
2. Sleighride--Lloyd Glenn Trio
3. Christmas Everyday--Johnny Moore’s Blazers
4. Boogie Woogie Santa Claus--Mabel Scott
5. Lonesome Christmas (Part 1)--Lowell Fulson
6. Christmas Dreams--Johnny Moore’s Blazers
7. Christmas Eve Baby--Johnny Moore’s Blazers
8. Christmas Letter--Johnny Moore’s Blazers
9. Love for Christmas--Jackson Trio
10. Lonesome Christmas (Part 2)--Lowell Fulson
11. Christmas Blues--Jimmy Witherspoon
12. Jingle Bell Hop--Jackson Trio